Fibromyalgia is a common condition that causes a great deal of suffering. The pain tends to spread throughout the musculoskeletal system, impacting a person’s daily life. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this condition, but chiropractic care at Dunwoody Chiropractic Center can help minimize the impact.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
The most common symptoms associated with fibromyalgia are pain and tenderness in the muscles and joints. Sometimes the pain comes and goes and sometimes it is constant. It can vary from a dull throb to a sharp pain. It typically makes sufferers more sensitive to pain than someone who doesn’t have the condition. Other common symptoms include:
- Sleep problems – These problems also vary between sufferers. Some have trouble falling asleep. Others wake up throughout the night. In any of these cases, it tends to lead to chronic fatigue.
- Stiffness – Many people wake up feeling stiff and have to spend several minutes stretching to get moving.
- Headaches – Since those with fibromyalgia experience so much pain, it is not unusual for them to have pain and tension in the head, neck, and back.
- Digestive issues – Fibromyalgia sufferers often have stomach conditions that include everything from typical stomach pain to IBS, acid reflux, and GERD.
- Numbness, tingling, and swelling – Sufferers also tend to experience strange sensations in the extremities, such as burning, tingling, and numbness. They might also notice swelling in various areas. For some, it is constant, while others experience it intermittently.
Chiropractic Treatment for Fibromyalgia
Chiropractic treatment for fibromyalgia is an effective method for relieving pain and tenderness. It can also help you sleep better, move easier, increase your natural energy levels, and more. When you visit Dunwoody Chiropractic Center, Dr. Patel will create an individualized treatment plan that includes some or all of the following treatments:
- Massage Therapy – Massage therapy is a well-known treatment for easing pain, boosting your mood, improving circulation, and more.
- Lifestyle Guidance – Our chiropractor will provide recommendations for things you can do daily to improve your condition.
- Low Force Technique – Chiropractic adjustments with a low force technique can be very helpful in resetting the nervous system and realigning your spine.
Get Treatment for Fibromyalgia Pain with Our Chiropractor
If you have fibromyalgia and live in or around Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Roswell, Norcross, Duluth, Doraville, or Chamblee, contact Dunwoody Chiropractic Center to schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel. Call our team today at (770) 551-9767 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.